An emergency is an event that creates a hazard or set of hazards which endanger human safety, health and life.
5. Heat waves
8. Ice storms
9. Land slides
12. Chemical incidents
13. Biological incidents
14. Radiation incidents
1. Always have the ability to call or radio 911 services while on the job, especially if you are working alone
2. Obey any facility or site specific emergency procedures that exist
3. Always have important telephone numbers readily available in case of emergency
4. Know who to call if an emergency happens
5. Avoid risk taking such as working outdoors while lightening is present, during ice storms, floods, hurricanes, etc.
6. Ensure that all emergencies are reported to the company as soon as possible
7. Plan and think ahead by making emergency equipment available if there is a possibility that work areas could become disaster areas such as forest fires, heat waves, tornadoes, etc.