Hazard recognition is a general term used to describe the identification and recognition of a hazard. There are potentially hundreds of unique hazards which could injure an employee at work, but we are going to name some of the more serious or common ones.
1. Presence of hazardous chemicals
2. Defective ladders
3. Disabled machine guards
4. Fall hazards such as, unprotected walking surface edges, manholes, skylights, etc.
5. Struck by incidents or contact with heavy equipment, machinery or other moving objects
6. Caught between hazards such as getting caught between heavy equipment, machinery or other moving objects
7. Electrocution hazards such as exposed wires, defective electrical equipment and deficient lockout tagout procedures
8. Obstructed walking / working surfaces
9. Forklift operators without valid operator certificates
10. Unsafe behavior
1. Perform a daily visual inspection of your work environment before and after your shift to see if any hazards are present
2. Report any hazards that you cannot safely correct yourself to management
3. Visually inspect tools, equipment and machines each day for hazards
4. Observe the work practices of others and your own to see if any hazards are presented during that course of work
5. Continually think of ways to improve processes so they become safer and more efficient
6. Report any unauthorized behavior such as horseplay, use of equipment without valid certification, etc.
Real Simple Safety App
Real Simple Consulting
Done For You Services
Business Risk Mitigation
Operational Risk Mgmt.
ALL-IN-ONE SAFETY APP
Document Library & Builder
3RD PARTY SERVICES
Safety Meeting Topics
Safety Program Manual
Site Specific Safety Plan
Safety Activity Schedule